April 12, 2011

Late Night Craving To Bake

Even though I was very full from the delicious burger that I had today from an awesome place on Queen Street East called The Burger's Priest, I had a huge craving to bake. I decided to make cinnamon rolls. I didn't want to make too many so here is my recipe that makes six.



Cinnamon Rolls

1 cup                   Flour
1 tbsp                  Sugar
2 tsp                    Baking powder
½ tsp                   Salt
3 tbsp                  Margarine
½ cup                  Milk

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Combine dry ingredients.
Cut in the margarine in until mixture is crumbly.
Add milk and mix well.
Flour a surface and knead in as much extra flour as needed.
Roll the dough out into a rectangle roughly ⅓” thick and 7” wide.
Spread with some margarine and sprinkle on a layer of cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins.
Roll into a log and cut into 6 pieces.
Place rolls in a muffin tin and sprinkle tops with a bit more brown sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment